Back
A YouTuber claimed EXO’s Baekhyun may have suffered up to 63 billion won in losses tied to Cha Ga-won and One Hundred, but the claims are unconfirmed.

A YouTuber claimed EXO’s Baekhyun may have suffered up to 63 billion won in losses tied to Cha Ga-won and One Hundred, but the claims are unconfirmed.

August/23/2026 16:37

Related Groups & Members

In the midst of the controversy surrounding One Hundred CEO Cha Ga-won, who was detained on suspicion of fraud on a scale of 30 billion won (about 3 billion yen), an argument was raised that EXO’s Baekhyun suffered financial damage on a scale of up to 63 billion won (about 6.3 billion yen). On the 22nd, Lee Jin-ho, the operator of the YouTube channel "Entertainment Secret President Lee Jin-ho," said, "He suffered damage that cannot be compared to Lee Seung-gi," and named Baekhyun as the biggest victim of this incident, revealing the specific details of the damage. According to Lee Jin-ho, Baekhyun had not received the contract money worth about 35 billion won (about 3.5 billion yen) that had been promised at the time of the exclusive contract. CEO Cha Ga-won promised to provide a luxury villa instead of cash, but it was found that this building has not been constructed to this day. In addition, it was claimed that it is unclear whether the 16 billion won (about 1.6 billion yen) rental deposit for the luxury residence Baekhyun moved into will be returned after Cha Ga-won’s detention. In addition to this, a claim was also made that unsettled money generated during the process of activities after leaving SM Entertainment (hereinafter, SM) amounted to about 12 billion won (about 1.2 billion yen). Lee Jin-ho added these amounts together and analyzed that the potential scale of Baekhyun’s damage reached about 63 billion won. However, the amount in question and whether there was damage are not contents that Baekhyun officially acknowledged. The specific details and scale may change in the process of confirming the facts in the future. In 2023, Baekhyun, together with Chen and Xiumin, demanded the termination of their exclusive contract from SM. SM countered this and the two sides were in conflict, but afterward they resolved their misunderstandings and announced a settlement, saying that they had been able to reach a mutually amicable agreement. Then in 2024, Baekhyun established the independent label INB100 and carried out EXO-CBX activities together with Chen and Xiumin. After that, INB100 was absorbed as a label under One Hundred, headed by Cha Ga-won. Meanwhile, in the same year, EXO-CBX accused SM, with whom they had once announced a settlement. They held an emergency press conference, complained of unfair treatment regarding the contract, and the conflict with SM became serious. In 2025, EXO-CBX lost all of its lawsuits against SM. Then in February of this year, SM requested a provisional seizure of EXO-CBX’s assets totaling 2.6 billion won (about 260 million yen). Recently, it was revealed that EXO-CBX notified Cha Ga-won of the termination of their exclusive contract on the grounds of contract violations such as unsettled payments. Prior to this, it was recently reported that Lee Seung-gi had signed a lease contract for 10.5 billion won (about 1.05 billion yen) and had lived in a luxury villa in Hannam-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, which is said to be owned by CEO Cha Ga-won, but that he had not received the return of the jeonse deposit, a Korean rent-free deposit system unique to Korea. ・EXO Baekhyun to move to G-DRAGON’s agency? Galaxy Corporation denies report ・EXO Baekhyun, Xiumin, and Chen demand contract termination from agency... claim contract violations such as unsettled payments

Related Articles

EXO will hold an encore concert in Seoul after selling out its 27-show world tour, with tickets opening in late August.

EXO will stage an encore performance of its sixth solo concert tour, “EXO PLANET #6- EXhOrizon [dot]-,” at KSPO DOME in Seoul from November 6 to 8. The upgraded show follows a fully sold-out 27-concert tour across 14 regions. Tickets open first for EXO-L members, with presales in Korea and globally in late August, followed by general sales on August 31. The group also celebrated its 14th anniversary with the album REVERXE, becoming an eight-time million seller and earning major chart and music show wins.

1 day ago
At a Ballantine's event in Seoul, EXO's Suho, Seo In-guk, and Gong Myung attended. New drama starring Seo In-guk to air June 22.

On the afternoon of the 28th, a launch event for the whiskey brand 'Ballantine's' was held in Seongsu-dong, Seoul, attended by EXO's Suho, Seo In-guk, and Gong Myung. EXO's Kai revealed behind-the-scenes stories, including emotional moments. Seo In-guk's new drama 'Unfortunately, I'll Be Working Tomorrow!' will premiere in Korea on June 22.

2 months ago
EXO's Japan tour finale will be live-streamed on WOWOW from Chiba on July 12, 2026, showcasing their impressive performances.

EXO's Japan tour, 'EXO PLANET #6 - EXhOrizon in JAPAN,' will culminate in a live broadcast from Chiba's LaLa arena TOKYO-BAY on July 12, 2026. The concert will feature their renowned performances and will be exclusively aired on WOWOW. A repeat broadcast is scheduled for August, along with additional content from their 2025 fan meeting.

2 months ago
Actor Cha In-pyo attends a press conference for his book 'Our Town's Library,' exploring themes of desire and death through a historical narrative.

On the afternoon of the 27th, actor and writer Cha In-pyo attended a press conference for his book 'Our Town's Library' at the Seoul Francisco Education Center. The book is a metafictional work that delves into themes of desire, death, and the meaning of records through the story of a painter from the Goguryeo era. Additionally, it highlights contributions from various Korean celebrities to support wildfire recovery efforts.

2 months ago
EXO leaves for Macau on the 21st for their world tour after 6 years. They express gratitude to fans on their 14th anniversary.

On the 21st, EXO departed through Incheon International Airport for Macau for their world tour 'EXO PLANET #6 - EXhOrizon' after 6 years and 4 months. They expressed heartfelt gratitude to fans, stating they want to walk together for life, and celebrated their 14th debut anniversary, promising to continue loving each other.

3 months ago
MCモンがIUを巻き込んだ論争を展開。自身の疑惑と歴史歪曲問題を絡め、ネットユーザーから批判を受ける。

MCモンがIUとMBCドラマ『21世紀の大君夫人』に言及し、論争を引き起こした。彼は自身の疑惑を訴えつつ、IUが歴史歪曲で謝罪したことに対し、責任を問う発言をした。これに対し、ネットユーザーは無関係なIUを巻き込むなと批判している。

3 months ago
MCモン discusses past controversies, including his denial of prostitution allegations and comments on EXO's Baekhyun and THE BOYZ.

In his second live stream, MCモン addressed various controversies, denying prostitution allegations and discussing his relationship with EXO's Baekhyun and THE BOYZ's contract issues. He apologized to Baekhyun, stating he is a good person, and criticized the handling of THE BOYZ's contract disputes. He also denied rumors linking him to former member Choo Han-nyoung's scandals.

3 months ago
ACF2026, an international culture festival, will be held in Tokyo on June 9-10, 2026, celebrating Asian music, fashion, and culture.

The ASIA CULTURE FESTIVAL 2026 (ACF2026) will take place in Tokyo on June 9-10, 2026, showcasing Asian music, fashion, and culture. The event includes awards, fashion shows, and live performances, aiming to promote cultural exchange across Asia, especially between Japan and Korea.

3 months ago
EXO flew to Bangkok for 'EXO PLANET #6 - EXhOrizon' on the morning of the 15th. Local media covered the event.

On the morning of the 15th, EXO departed from Incheon International Airport to Bangkok, Thailand, for their concert 'EXO PLANET #6 - EXhOrizon.' This information comes from local media coverage. Additionally, there are reports of a YouTuber facing a significant lawsuit for defamation involving aespa, EXO, and Red Velvet, and an upcoming concert featuring EXO and ZEROBASEONE on May 30 in Korea.

3 months ago
MEGACONCERT announces new artists including LE SSERAFIM and MEOVV, increasing excitement for the event on May 30 in Incheon.

The 'M COUNTDOWN X MEGACONCERT' has revealed an additional lineup featuring artists like LE SSERAFIM and MEOVV. With previous announcements including EXO and NCT WISH, anticipation is building for the concert on May 30 at Incheon's Inspire Arena. Organizers encourage fans to stay excited for future lineup reveals.

3 months ago

Follow us to be the first to know about the latest rankings and audition information.

\ Follow me /
Share

PICK UP Contents